“I had three mediation sessions with Elly, and through her mediation was able to understand and communicate with my sister in a way we had not been able to in several years. Elly skillfully navigated us through tough emotions and ensured that all parties felt heard. Once we felt heard, it was a lot easier to think about solutions. Thanks to Elly, my sister and I are talking again.” Radha N., August 2018
“I loved your room, and our calm voice and demeanor were a huge help at keeping things settled down.” Aimee Hayes, Plymouth, July 2016
What is mediation?
Mediation is a collaborative process to deepen a shared understanding of of each party’s’ concerns while empowering every participant to formulate solutions that work well, without the need to compromise values. The mediator fosters a climate of unconditional acceptance, understanding, and compassion for each parties’ position. She helps parties gain trust and develop greater transparency. When parties are able to openly share their feelings and underlying needs, they create solutions that fully and compassionately support the experience of the other party. Mediation has the power to transform enemy images into deeper connection and a greater willingness to fulfill requests. Participation in the process also empowers the understanding and skills needed to continue the dialog beyond the mediation session, building trust between parties, and self-trust within parties of their own conflict transformation skills.
What are the benefits of mediation?
- Understanding of key concerns of all parties
- Acceptance of each other’s experience
- Ability to connect to the feelings and needs in each other’s experience
- Finding mutually supportive strategies
- Empowerment to continue the dialog beyond the mediation session
Principles of Elly van Laar Coaching
- Conflict is an opportunity to connect and understand
- Empathy and compassion always work
- We focus on creating a safe container for honest expression and open listening
- We support self-determination
- You are the master of this process, Elly helps you grow your conflict resolution skills
What I ask for
I ask $85 per participants, per hour with a minimum of two hours mediation. This includes a 30-minute private pre-mediation session to discuss your issues, concerns, and requests for the mediation.
You can contact Elly van Laar Coaching Monday-Friday 10:00-6:00 pm