Free webinar: One hour, ten participants, lots of value
SELF-ACCEPTANCE AND YOUR INNER RESISTANCE
Feel more in control of both your emotions and your destiny
Dear team leader,
- Are you working from 8:00 am till 10:00 pm and still feel like you don’t have enough time to finish everything you need to do?
- Does your open-door policy result in you having a walk-in every two minutes?
- Do you have take care of the 47 rabbits that broke out, because your team member can’t resolve it?
- Are you wondering if it’s better to be honest with yourself in realizing that you won’t work less in the future? That you might become more efficient, but that new challenges will arise to fill the empty spaces?
- How is it that almost all nonprofit leaders complain about trying to balance competing priorities – staff supervision, grant writing, grant reporting, blended management, interdepartmental communication, financial tracking/panning-, so that even when they’re being productive, there is too much going on all the time?
It doesn’t have to be that way. You can go home and feel satisfied with what you’ve got done in the day.
Preserve time, energy, and love for your family
- Learn powerful, simple tools to stop work stress from bleeding into your personal life
- Find out how to accept the overwhelm and feel calmer, even if you are behind on so many urgent and important commitments
- Walk away with a model to choose how to juggle competing priorities, especially when you have too little resources, time and energy
After this webinar you understand what’s truly important, so you can choose what to work on next
- You might have heard: “what you resist persists”
- When you resist your overwhelm, your energy gets scattered
- With a future-self exercise you look into your resistance
- Then you see what’s going on at a deeper level
- You understand why you’re feeling overwhelmed and anxious
- You start understanding how you can use your resistance constructively
- As a result you feel more in control of your emotions and destiny
In my 25 years of working in and with nonprofits, I have learned what works and what doesn’t work for nonprofit leaders. I have developed simple tools that you can use in any situation. I gained insights that will help you ease your frayed nerves and stop negative interactions.
In my 10 years as a coach in mental health facilities I learned practical tools to stay calm in times of overwhelm, and helped others do the same. I have practiced with my Thich Nhat Hanh community for more than eight years, developing a personal practice of mindfulness. I have spent more than 700 hours teaching and training in Nonviolent Communication, honing empathy skills. I am a credentialed mediator in the State of Texas. I teach meditation in jail. And I have a Masters in Political Science. Plus: I love baking yummy vegan food for friends and family, juggle four balls, and love going out for hikes in nature.
What My Clients Are Saying
Transformed as a Leader
“Working with Elly has really transformed me as a leader and as an individual! She does a wonderful job helping me to ask the right questions, giving me tools to help me to discern the answers, and brainstorming practical ways to incorporate these ideas into my everyday work life. What a gift she is to me!”
Path to Grow Professionally
“Before meeting with Elly, my work was consuming. I was working hard, but not in directions that nurtured my commitments and passions. In my conversations with Elly, I discovered a path to grow and develop professionally, while preserving time, energy, and love for being a husband and a father. Elly asked powerful questions and listened with such care. I now have the presence of mind to be in partnership with my wife as our young son grows by leaps and bounds.”
Talking to Elly resets you
“Elly has such an amazing spirit and a true love for others. I am in awe of her ability to make me feel safe and heard. Talking to Elly resets you. After every session I felt at peace, grounded and more like myself. I cannot imagine where I would be in my life’s journey without Elly. I am so grateful to have connected with her. She is such a gift.”
True Meaning to My Blocks
“Elly is one of the most passionate people I’ve met. She is amazing at helping me find the true meaning to some of my blocks. I have grown so much from the few times we’ve talked. “
More in control of my emotions and destiny
“I find Elly to be extremely insightful and perceptive. She truly understands the theories and methods behind Nonviolent Communication. I always finish a session with Elly feeling more in control of both my emotions and my destiny. She’s a fantastic coach. I highly recommend her.”
Wednesday, October 30, 10:00-11:00 am CST
I know enough, Elly!
I’m ready to stop bringing worries home and start feeling grounded and solid!